10 Ways To Do Before Start Renovating Your House
Architecture, Home Decoration, Home Design, Home Remodelling Malaysia, Home Renovation Malaysia, Interior Design
For anyone who has ever owned a house, house renovation is inevitable. Many of us are unfamiliar with the home improvement techniques, but that doesn't mean we cant do crucial renovations in our houses. Below are 10 things to consider for your next house renovation project.
1. You can choose to get your house renovated if it has been a long time you did not change the paint, wallpaper, or such other minor work. Generally, people opt for residential renovation if there is a marriage or a big function in the house. So, just have a good reason to renovate.
2. Check your finances before you starting renovating your house. Whether you need a whole house overhaul or just a few components in your house, you ought to have a well-established budget in order to avoid spending more than necessary.
3. Look at your present house and decide what you want to alter or improve. List them down and arrange them according to priority. To get inspirations, try to drop by model houses, display rooms. Also, scan home improvement publications and websites.
4. You will need different types of material for renovating the house. Decide on which material you want to use where. You can choose a marble or tile flooring instead of stone flooring if you are willing to pay a higher price for it. The furniture can be wooden, glass, or metal
5. Keep your furniture safe from water and detergent by covering them with coasters. Coasters are available in many designs and you can be sure you will one that fits your taste. The most common places to use coasters would be your sitting room chairs, coffee table, nightstand, and dining room tables.
6. If you would like to convert your kitchen into a modern and easy to access place, opt for a modular kitchen. This kind of kitchen has multiple cupboards and easy to access drawers below the platform. Utensils and food items can be stored in them. There is separate spacing for the items required while cooking food. This will make cooking a new experience.
7. House renovations will not pay you back right away. Don't make any improvements in your house if you'll be moving in less than three to five years. This is now the time frame that it takes in order to recoup the costs of the upgrades that you make.
8. Select colours to get the interior as well as exterior of the house painted. You can opt for a single as well as multiple colours for painting the house. Choose light and soothing colours for painting your house. It makes the environment of the house cool and calm. Darker shades give the house a dull look and the rooms appear dark with not enough light.
9. Once you have decided that you want your house renovated, look out for professionals who will do the entire renovation process. If you are willing to spend more, you can hire an interior designer as well. Otherwise, choose to do the designing yourself in order to save that additional expenditure.
10. Finally if you chose to have your house renovated by professionals. It is necessary for you to make things clear to the workers before they start working on the finalised plan in order to avoid mistakes. Also, avoid last moment changes as it may cause tension to you and irritation to the workers. Keep things pre-planned. Inform them about your budget as well.
Image Source from: Novono